Use the LCOS Formula to Learn How We Can Help You to Lower Your Energy Storage Costs
Cost is a critical factor when determining whether an energy storage application makes economic sense. To understand whether the economic value justifies the cost of procuring energy storage, however, you must first understand the cost of storage in the context of its application, and objectively compare different types of energy storage available.
While capital cost may be the most prominent concern when comparing energy storage technologies, LCOS (Levelized Cost of Storage) is proving to be the most objective methodology for evaluating long-term costs across a project’s 20+ year life.
LCOS is key to selecting long-duration storage solutions where soft operational costs like HVAC, O&M, augmenting, or battery replacement over time can negate any costs saved in upfront capital expenditure.
So what is accounted for in LCOS?
The Safest and Greenest Battery on the Planet with Lowest Levelized Cost of Storage (LCOS)
The ESS Inc. Advantage
- No capacity degradation. The batteries will never have to be replaced, which means you don’t lose revenue streams over time.
- Long life. We can guarantee the performance of our iron flow battery for 20-25 years.
- Minimal to no O&M. Our technology incorporates environmentally friendly materials so that you don’t need hazmat permits for transport, HVAC for cooling, costly fire suppression requirements, no maintenance battery module design, or an end-of-life chemical incineration plan. We’ve kept our EW™ clean and simple.
- Low-cost material. Non-toxic, non-corrosive chemistry substantially reduces material costs.
- No hidden compliance requirements or future liabilities.